Sunday, January 7, 2018

urubekebeke


Island Council
Well this will be my last email from the island of Marakei. I have had lots of experience in the last 2 years with leaving places that feel like home. What I've learned about myself is that I won't miss a place until I have left it. So I am expecting some sadness as the plane lifts off and it hits me that there is a very slim chance of me ever coming back here. But until then I won't worry about it as much.

These last 4 and a half months flew by, especially this last transfer. I am being transferred on Friday. I should find out Wednesday where I will be going.
I haven't had any convert baptisms in my time here, but the results of my work have yet to all unfold so I will keep on moving forward.

Word of the week = Urubekebeke: homeless/broke

 3 Nephi 18:19-20  -  "19: Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name; 20: And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you."


No comments:

Post a Comment