Sunday, January 14, 2018

Temwaiku

Mauri ngkami,
 I am back off of Marakei and am on Tarawa again, in the village of Temwaiku. We have a ton of work to do here, it is awesome. We are apparently going to go to each house in the village and ask if they have been baptized or not... Should be an  interesting week or so, especially since I am now Senior Companion so my language will be tested. But the people here are very helpful. I will keep you all posted....
I will have more info next week after I am settled in. New comp is Elder Breckenridge from Missouri. Other than that, not much else to say except this cool story.
When I was first in Tarawa 5 months ago, my comp had a Kiribati "Mom" that threw a birthday party for him. She lives in my current area right now and I got to see her and talk to her, and she remembers me and told me that I can actually speak Kiribati now. In fact, when I got back on Friday so many people were complimenting my language skills and and I felt better. But the truth is, I am not that good, every once in a while I will get humbled, so another round of humbling will come.
Ether 12:24-27 is such a great passage of scripture:
"24 And thou hast made us that we could write but little, because of the awkwardness of our hands.  Behold, thou has not made us mighty in writing like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he wrote were mighty as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them
25 Thou hast also made our words powerful and great, even that we cannot write them; wherefore, when we write we behold our weakness, and stumble because of the placing of our words; and I fear lest the Gentiles shall mock at our word.
26 And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying:  Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness;
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
Remember that the Lord said "Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek"
Have a Great week everyone
Tiabo
Elder Farner

No comments:

Post a Comment