Friday, July 7, 2017

Te Mwakuri Korakora

(That means "diligence".)
This past week was again not as eventful as my first week, but I don't think I will ever be able to top two visits outside the MTC walls in the first 5 days. 

Something cool. Yesterday we taught two members who speaks Kiribati at TRC (which stands for Teaching Resource Center- just where missionaries teach actual members rather than investigators). So Sister Paletua and I finished teaching the first lesson, and the member we taught was a translator who worked at the MTC so he spoke English. And then I found out that the other member was Porter Openshaw! It was cool to try to speak some Kiribati with someone I knew before getting into the MTC (Porter is the son of my Dad's good friends).

Also cool- we got to watch the fireworks at the stadium of fire from the new buildings at the MTC.

We also hosted new missionaries on Wednesday- there were 700 new ones so that meant most hosts had to help 6 missionaries over a two-hour period. It was also about 103 degrees. Good prep for Kiribati.

Message for the week: the First Presidency Message by President Eyring about Enduring Well. Read it! It talks about how God doesn't want us to endure trials, he wants us to endure them well so that we can improve. 

Apologies for the short letter, I will have more next week as I will probably have my flight plans for Kiribati!

Tia bo!
Elder Farner 

1 comment:

  1. So awesome to get to read his blog !!! Wow he sounds busy and 100 % involved as we knew he would be. So exciting ! -----700 new missionaries ? Whew !

    ReplyDelete